Friday, March 6, 2009

Kernel Essay (1)

“Nooooooooooooo!” Was the bloodcurdling scream that jolted me out of my sleep and shattered my serene night. My older brother’s weren’t such light sleepers as me, but even they were wide awake and terrified. My mother burst into the room and ushered out hurried commands. “Let’sgo! Let’sgo! Weneedtogorightnow!” Her words stumbled out incoherently, but nevertheless we were on our feet and running as fast as we could out of the house. Things were happening much too fast. My thoughts were as jumbled and mixed as the colors that flashed by at an inhuman pace, my heart wasn’t thudding loud enough in my ears to drown out the agonized cries of my family members, the red and blue strobe lights painted the neighborhood with their sorrowful colors. My grandmother’s body was carried out on the stretcher and placed into the ambulance. But everyone already knew the loving, and caring woman was no longer there...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome!
I love your vivid verbs, sparkle words, and dialouge. I was anxious to read the end to see what happened.
Keep it up!!
;D

-- Megan