Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interval 5

xxxIt all began that day in fourth period class. Some random guy decided to cross the line with me. When the rudest possible comment poured out of his mouth, he set loose the raging demon inside of me that I normally have a hard time supressing. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I turned on my heel and said nothing to him for the remainder of the period. As a matter of fact, I said nothing at all. Silent, but deadly, I proceeded through my day as normal.
xxxEverything was going fine and wonderful, and for a moment I thought that everything would be fine. Until sixth period. That was when the raging monsters cage shattered around it and it reached my surface in the form of me in rage. I was not the one who understood something, it was my band teacher. He fussed at me for no in particular reason, and the sound of his loud voice reverberating throughout the small and cramped band room caused the bars of the monsters cage to shatter.
xxxfunny feeling built up in my chest, and rose up my throat and out of my mouth in the form of a shout. I gripped my clarinet in my hand with intentions to snap the wind instrument into pieces. My chest heaved up and down with the each heavy breath I took. I was literally shaking in my chair I was so furious. I couldn't remember the last time I had been so mad. I closed my eyes tightly and practiced deep breathing exercises. Sooner than I thought possible the bell rang and I left that class as soon as I possibly could.
xxxWhen I got home that day, I sat there in my bed and thought about what I had done. Sure, it wasn't my fault my band teacher misunderstood my intentions, but I had no right to yell at him that way. No matter how bad I was feeling. I should have had better control of my emotions, but I didn't. When I went to school that day, I apologized to my band instructor, and simply ignored the random guy. All in all, everything ended up fine.

No comments: